Membership Program - Status

58 Posts
16 Users
40 Likes
AdventurousStag
(@adventurousstag)
Stag to AdventurousHotwife Admin
Topic starter

@felicitator60 It goes beyond where they choose to play. Women have been groped without consent passing by others in the hallways or going up and down the stairs. If a woman feels she can’t safely navigate the facility then that’s a real problem.

Its not just the mental health of the gay/bi male crowd. It has to be inclusive of all patrons regardless of gender identity or sexual preference. Everyone has to feel welcome and safe. 

As I’ve said, there is active discussions around members-only and non-member nights/events. Until that information is finalized and released, there’s no sense worrying about something that’s not a thing yet. Everyone’s feedback is being heard and considered and the objective is to make SteamWorks thrive and continue to be a place everyone feels welcome. 

If you run into any issues on the forum, there are two ways I can help you:

Fastest, best: Kik me at Driv3n78

Slower: Email me at hotwifestagyeg [at] hotmail [dot] com. Expect a few days delay as I don't check my email every day.

Posted : 14/07/2023 9:19 am
Felek reacted
nightowl
(@nightowl)

Regarding the membership, would it be possible to register with a steam works name. Example nightowl. Then when you swipe the bar code it would say he’s been here before and no issues. Along with paying by cash at the window.  I know people are gonna say, they’ll just make a new name when banished but the risk of having a server hacked and all the people’s name released is unnerving. A lot of people come here for the thrill and anonymous lifestyle. 

Posted : 14/07/2023 9:42 am
AdventurousStag
(@adventurousstag)
Topic starter

@nightowl I did address the server hacking point a few messages ago so have a scroll up and look at that. 

Regarding non-members access and anonymity, there really isn’t anything more to be said at this point. It’s up in the air and management is looking at the best way to go about it. 

Part of the audience wants to remain anonymous. The other part wants to be safe. It’s a sliding scale. So we’re looking to strike a balance there. The best option would be members only nights and non-members nights. That’s what management is actively discussing. 

Slower: Email me at hotwifestagyeg [at] hotmail [dot] com. Expect a few days delay as I don't check my email every day.

Posted : 14/07/2023 12:27 pm
Felek reacted
felicitator60
(@felicitator60)
Eminent Member

AdventurousStag I would suggest you contact Aquarius Bath in Winnipeg to see how they deal with your problem. They have been Co-Ed for many more year than Edmonton. In 2009 they had an unhappy customer that started a fire than killed a client. Since then when I visited there was no personal information given.

Re hall groping definitely dismiss the client from the bath. Do that a few times and the word would get around. In most cases if the person were to return they would probably be more careful.

Also remember there are more than one way to communicate consent. Many bi and guy men do it with eye contact and a smile.

Posted : 14/07/2023 1:14 pm
(@Anonymous 1110)
Active Member Guest

I am a HUGE fan of seeing how other similar organizations handle things… take their successes and leave the failures. If safety can be achieved without losing anonymity, I think it should be seriously looked at. Memberships in clubs have been predominantly used in the swinger clubs and while there certainly is commonality, the idea of anonymity isn’t viewed the same within that community. I think @felicitator60 makes an excellent suggestion. 

Posted : 14/07/2023 1:57 pm
AdventurousStag
(@adventurousstag)
Topic starter

@felicitator60 You are correct that gay and bi men do it that way. But women do not (generally speaking) and given that touching without permission is against the law, it’s no different inside SteamWorks than outside. 

But as I’ve mentioned numerous times already, management is looking into options around members and non-members days/events and how things will be implemented. And until that’s decided, we’re talking in circles here. 

Posted : 14/07/2023 3:16 pm
sissy_cd01
(@sissy_cd01)
Trusted Member

Wow not sure if I am in favour of only a digital application - when even banks can’t stop hackers - maybe provide some sort of in person purchase options so only one person the clerk would ever see a persons actual identity and can purchase a membership in person. As for keeping electronic identities again it would be safer to have secured filing cabinets with hard copy, that could be physically destroyed at the customers request (in person), as we all know the digital foot print is very difficult to delete completely! 

This is a bit of a conundrum to provide the safety of members only and the anonymity that your patrons require and request! 

😍

Posted : 16/07/2023 6:55 pm
wammt and FunDawg reacted
AdventurousStag
(@adventurousstag)
Topic starter

I’ve mentioned this before. But compared to a bank, if SteamWorks is using the same technology, a hacker ring is going to target a bank and not a small locally-owned business when it requires the same amount of effort to hack into. Simply because the payoff is bigger. 

If you were going to go to the trouble of robbing a bank and you had a team and all the proper equipment, are you going to rob a small credit union in a village? Or are you going to rob a bigger bank in a city where you know the payoff is going to be exponentially larger? Same effort required either way. 

For what it’s worth, the database technology we’re using, we’ve been putting clients on for 12 years. And there are hundreds of other putting clients on the same technology stack. And the company that owns it has an entire team that constantly upgrades it and keeps it encrypted. Your information is actually safer on this database that having hard records in a filing cabinet. Nobody ever has been hacked on this software. Not one time. It’s ultra secure AND it’s primarily small businesses who would not be the target of a large hacker ring. 

Posted : 16/07/2023 9:14 pm
sissy_cd01
(@sissy_cd01)
Trusted Member

@adventurousstag agreed - just saying once you information is out there it don’t ever come back - also what about those living a double life that credit card statements might be difficult to explain - please provide either electronic alternatives or in person options

😍

Posted : 16/07/2023 10:31 pm
sissy_cd01
(@sissy_cd01)
Trusted Member

So food for thought - Calgary Bathhouse (Sorry don’t don’t wish to advertise their name - Jim has enough competitors with the local crushing spots) they used to have a drop in membership fee and took a copy of your ID, I only assume it also had long term membership fees - (not the person to ask, what they currently do! only went twice) - anyway not that I am in favour ether is at least a copy of their government ID will hopefully keep the bad apples away so the rest of us can play! 

I have always felt safe and welcome at SW - Jim and his staff make me feel welcome and even on occasions had great conversations and advice, if they feel a membership is necessary I will comply - but for the love of God give us options to pay and or sign up none electronically! ❤️

This post was modified 10 months ago 2 times by sissy_cd01

😍

Posted : 16/07/2023 10:52 pm
(@Anonymous 1679)
Eminent Member Guest

thanks for posting.  It's all good to know 

Posted : 22/07/2023 5:51 am
Oral Obsession
(@oral-obsession)

Yep, that will definitely be the nail in the coffin for me. I'm not out about my lifestyle and can't have anyone finding out. I was recently threatened on Squirt to be outed and they did a deep dig and found my social pages, even though I had my face partially covered in the pics. I deleted everything that was related to me instantly. Nothing has happened yet, it's been 3 months now, but I tell you the stress it caused me has been insane.

Posted : 18/09/2023 12:48 pm
(@bionic)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @Anonymous

You are right about one thing, a lot of us are not "tech savvy" and I am definitely one of them.

And what about the "casual" customer who just turns up after a long journey expecting entrance, only to be denied, and what about the regulars that don't happen to read this site and will also be denied entrance?

We seem to live in a society where businesses constantly change their format/requirements......and for what it's worth, (not a lot I am sure as the decision has already been made) I think this might be a very good idea.......to lose customers.

Privacy and anonymity when visiting steamworks (strangely enough as it appears I am bucking the trend)is important to me.   

What next, you want photo ID?  Ask to see something like a driving licence to prove who I am?   No thanks.

For the best part of 30 years I have frequented Georgia Baths, Down Under, and Steamworks without this proposition, so I think I will be giving this a miss.

If I didn't know better (which I do) I may think this is a scam just to get hold of people's personal contact details.   I don't think it is, but just saying.  Either way, as I see the word "purchase" is used,  why should I pay for the privilege of giving my personal contact details to a company, especially one that I am protective about others knowing I use their services? 

I am not looking for a response as the decision is already made, but this is customer # 1 that Steamworks has lost.    When one thinks of the business that Steamworks is in, it is almost laughable that this idea would even be considered.......especially on the background of only a short time ago we were being told that steamworks was on the verge of shutting down!!!!

Agreed 💯

Clean and hygienic.

Posted : 26/03/2024 3:39 am
Page 4 / 4

SteamWorks Blog

Discovering Your Kinks in an Open, Supportive Environment

Discovering Your Kinks in an Open, Supportive Environment

Exploring our sexual desires can be difficult and intimidating - especially when discovering your kinks and desires involve alternative practices. Unfortunately, due to stigmas and misunderstandings, those who are exploring alternative sexual interests may not always...

read more
Haven’t Checked Out SteamWorks Yet?

Haven’t Checked Out SteamWorks Yet?

We get it, walking into a place like SteamWorks for the first time can be a daunting experience. It’s important to remember that everyone is there to explore their sexuality and have a good time, so keep an open mind and respect other people's boundaries. We do have a...

read more
“I am a complete newbie and went for my first time last Saturday night. I had a completely amazing, sexy hot time. I was very comfortable. Super chill people. My first time being nude in front of total strangers was no problem at all. It was positive all around, a wonderful night, and I'm excited to return very soon. 👍❤️”

tallblueeyeguy

“Been a client for about 5 years. Great atmosphere. Cool patrons. Awesome staff. Will continue coming / cumming.”

7inchwondercock

“SteamWorks is where all the fun happens. Let it cum, let it cum, let it cum... ❤️❤️❤️❄️❄️❄️”

parukkutty

“Been a client since 2015, when Monday was the only co-ed night. Definitely seen lots of improvement in the facility, such as hot tub, fuck alley, nicer and wider lounge area, better sauna and much more!”

HardD

“It has a great spa atmosphere with super friendly people, great location with lots of upscale restaurants & lounges close by. Lots of available parking on site and off.”

hungwithnine

“Great place! It's an excellent place to maybe step outside your boundaries and try some things you may not feel comfortable doing anywhere else. I have had a lot of fun at SW over the years and hope for many more. ”

Babygurl

“Great atmosphere to have fun. The feeling of being free is more than one can ask for. Let SW unleash your inner desire to be who you are and find what you are looking for. Keep Cumming!”

bigbearboy

“I have visited SteamWorks off and on, for 7 years. As a person who suffers from both body dysmorphia and previous sexual identity confusion, SteamWorks is one of the only places I feel comfortable with me.”

TiddleWinks

“At SteamWorks, I’ve had the opportunity to have some group play experiences I never thought possible.”

milfandcookies

“SteamWorks has given me a new lease on life! Lol”

mhad418

“While it took me a few visits to get truly comfortable with the layout, it took significantly less time to get comfortable with the other patrons! SW is the light of my week!”

DawnMT

“Steamworks is an experience for open-minded individuals.  It will also open your mind even more than it already is. It adds some spice to our lives.”

PrettyShyPeachyPie

First Timers

Events

FAQs