24 Posts
15 Users
21 Likes
FreckledRedhead
(@freckledredhead)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

So glad to see changes coming. 
However, I do not agree with being made to leave my ID at the front desk. Id be perfectly willing to fill out a member form show my valid ID and be given a membership card that the front staff would use to check us in and hold until checkout. 
There are sooooo many privacy concerns that come up around this! What security protocols do you have in place to ensure the safety of our data?  
No member card- no entrance would be a lot easier to get this going. I know Id spend a few minutes setting this up rather than handing over my ID. 

Misskarenina, Str82it, Yvhonne09 and 4 people reacted
FreckledRedhead
(@freckledredhead)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@heretopleaseguy If you read the post this stemmed from in announcements the ID part comes into effect for April on Saturdays at first.

ReplyQuote
(@janeandtarzan)
Trusted Member

@freckledredhead  I for one will not be leaving my ID with anyone. Scan view it or come up with some sort of.membership card. But under no circumstances will I be leaving my ID with anyone. If this process takes place neither my wife nor I will be attending anymore.  I understand the intent but the process is flawed.

Str82it, FlirtnFuck, BiGuy97 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
thisguy
(@thisguy)
Trusted Member

This was the first thing I thought as well when I read it.  In an attempt to create a method of targeting the few problem people, they might alienate the regulars. I've been charged wrong 2 of 5 visits now, I hardly feel like i want to trust my identity with them at the door.  Please don't create a barrier to entry for everyone, just to find a solution for a few people. 

ReplyQuote
ShyTransKelly
(@shytranskelly)
Estimable Member

Could someone direct me to what's actually happening and where are the possible changes listed?

ReplyQuote
FreckledRedhead
(@freckledredhead)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@shytranskelly its under announcements under the same title

ReplyQuote
ShyTransKelly
(@shytranskelly)
Estimable Member

@freckledredhead Thank you so much for letting me know.

ReplyQuote
ShyTransKelly
(@shytranskelly)
Estimable Member

I do agree with the majority of people here, I will not leave my ID at the front desk as it's a security concern. I definitely don't mind showing my ID, but I will not leave at the front entrance, anyone could write down my info and use in an illegal way. Even if you think you know your employers, you just never know and I won't take that chance. And I also wanted to suggest maybe changing the policy and allowing trans woman and cross dressers like myself a discount on Trans night on Tuesday, if it will still be on Tuesdays. It shouldn't matter what gender my ID shows, as I do indeed identify as a trans woman no matter what my license says. 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 3530)
Active Member Guest

Posted by: @shytranskelly

And I also wanted to suggest maybe changing the policy and allowing trans woman and cross dressers like myself a discount on Trans night on Tuesday, if it will still be on Tuesdays.

I would love to see this too maybe

cheaper rooms and lockers for trans

/ CD folks on Tuesday.

Tuesday is trans day at steamworks.

That would be a good idea attract

more trans / cross dressers  on

Tuesdays.

It maybe a great way to get more trans

/ CD people to come out on Tuesdays.

I know there are a lot of people that

admire trans folks so it may attract more

Of those people too if more trans / CD

People show up on Tuesdays.

It could be a really good promotion.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Anonymous

ReplyQuote
(@fundawg)
Honorable Member

@justagirl

Re:  "The dark areas in steam works make women Feel uncomfortable and isn't safe ."  and "changes need to be made especially in the steam room area and other dark areas"

Many gay men enjoy having the option of playing in dark or darker areas and feel totally comfortable and safe.  Eliminating dark/darker play areas could further alienate many of SW's gay and bi male patrons.

ReplyQuote
Yvhonne09
(@yvhonne09)
Estimable Member

I agree with all the changes except Leaving my ID to the front desk that’s a big No No… Upgrade instead buy a scanner to scan our IDs so that you can easily banned those creepy people… 

ReplyQuote
Mountain
(@mountain)

It's really encouraging to see Steamworks taking these steps! The upgrades sound fantastic, and it's reassuring to know that the new ID policy is in line with what's already practiced in clubs and similar venues. It's a great move towards ensuring everyone's safety and enjoyment. Really looking forward to experiencing all these positive changes firsthand. Here is to a safer and improved Steamworks!

ReplyQuote
felicitator60
(@felicitator60)
Eminent Member

I for one was very disappoint to see the curtains come off the one room that could be a near dark room. I wish that room was completely blacked out.

FunDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Pipe_andy15
(@pipe_andy15)
Trusted Member

1. @hot-times that would ruin the buisness and its people with opinions like that that creepy dangerous people keep getting away with it

DawnMega reacted
ReplyQuote
Brian Feller
(@brian-feller)
Estimable Member

Just found the post for announcements "Shits Happening"

I wasn't sure the leaving ID at the front was in effect.  Now I see that yes for Saturday's.

So is it easy to draw a correlating line from this announcement and the fact that there is almost zero chat traffic talking about coming in this Saturday?

I'm not sure about this. May change my mind about this Saturday.

I'm sure the staff are great, honorable, and trust worthy, but I don't leave my ID with a gas station attendant for a few minutes to get gas, let alone for a few hours at a place I appreciate anonymity.

Have fun, be safe, fuck hard and enjoy and respect all. 😈😈😈👍
Email: brianfeller77@gmail.com

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2

SteamWorks Blog

Discovering Your Kinks in an Open, Supportive Environment

Discovering Your Kinks in an Open, Supportive Environment

Exploring our sexual desires can be difficult and intimidating - especially when discovering your kinks and desires involve alternative practices. Unfortunately, due to stigmas and misunderstandings, those who are exploring alternative sexual interests may not always...

read more
Haven’t Checked Out SteamWorks Yet?

Haven’t Checked Out SteamWorks Yet?

We get it, walking into a place like SteamWorks for the first time can be a daunting experience. It’s important to remember that everyone is there to explore their sexuality and have a good time, so keep an open mind and respect other people's boundaries. We do have a...

read more
“I am a complete newbie and went for my first time last Saturday night. I had a completely amazing, sexy hot time. I was very comfortable. Super chill people. My first time being nude in front of total strangers was no problem at all. It was positive all around, a wonderful night, and I'm excited to return very soon. 👍❤️”

tallblueeyeguy

“Been a client for about 5 years. Great atmosphere. Cool patrons. Awesome staff. Will continue coming / cumming.”

7inchwondercock

“SteamWorks is where all the fun happens. Let it cum, let it cum, let it cum... ❤️❤️❤️❄️❄️❄️”

parukkutty

“Been a client since 2015, when Monday was the only co-ed night. Definitely seen lots of improvement in the facility, such as hot tub, fuck alley, nicer and wider lounge area, better sauna and much more!”

HardD

“It has a great spa atmosphere with super friendly people, great location with lots of upscale restaurants & lounges close by. Lots of available parking on site and off.”

hungwithnine

“Great place! It's an excellent place to maybe step outside your boundaries and try some things you may not feel comfortable doing anywhere else. I have had a lot of fun at SW over the years and hope for many more. ”

Babygurl

“Great atmosphere to have fun. The feeling of being free is more than one can ask for. Let SW unleash your inner desire to be who you are and find what you are looking for. Keep Cumming!”

bigbearboy

“I have visited SteamWorks off and on, for 7 years. As a person who suffers from both body dysmorphia and previous sexual identity confusion, SteamWorks is one of the only places I feel comfortable with me.”

TiddleWinks

“At SteamWorks, I’ve had the opportunity to have some group play experiences I never thought possible.”

milfandcookies

“SteamWorks has given me a new lease on life! Lol”

mhad418

“While it took me a few visits to get truly comfortable with the layout, it took significantly less time to get comfortable with the other patrons! SW is the light of my week!”

DawnMT

“Steamworks is an experience for open-minded individuals.  It will also open your mind even more than it already is. It adds some spice to our lives.”

PrettyShyPeachyPie

First Timers

Events

FAQs