Clear all

Female perspective first time to Steamworks review

13 Posts
7 Users
6 Likes
(@Anonymous 3530)
Active Member Guest
Topic starter

Ok so here is my review from a first time female visitor to Steamworks. So I went there just last Saturday night (March 9 2024)
So right away soon as I got about 5 to 6 steps inside I already had a guy hitting on me before I could even make it to my room. That was kind of creepy. So I get changed and I have this guy following me around I tell the person I am not interested in guys and I am looking for a woman. The guy follows me around stalking me for a better part of two hours. There is a sign that says if your are following some one more than 20 min it is harassment. Report it to the staff and I simply get dismissed as that is how some of the guys are and they didn't do anything. Wow you should want women customers there and should take concerns more seriously. I had a different guy I told him I wasn't interested try and reach up under my towel and touch my private parts I said no!

Had another guy try and force his way into my room as I was trying to get into my room and I shut the door in his face. Some of the guys can be very forceful and won't take no for an answer!

Now this isn't all of the guys but some. Management does not do enough to protect the ladies there. It is very much a sausage fest. Some of the guys are respectful some are not.

Lots of dark areas too that are very dingy and unsafe for a woman to be walking into alone in here. The steam area on the lower level is an example.

Hot tub was nice and quite relaxing.

Don't go here alone as a single woman you are best go with a guy if you are female.

If you are looking for another woman here to play with chances are you won't find her here. Lots of straight ladies but I found no bi women there were some couples there but majority was
guys.

Ladies be careful going here would be my advice and you are best to go with a guy if you do go here. Management needs to do a lot to improve this place for safety of the women that may come here. At points I did not feel safe and went to my room just to get away for 10 to 15 minutes to get away from a creepy guy that was harassing me.

Pretty much if you are a woman looking for a guy you will find lots of guys here if you are a couple you may find another couple on Saturday's or Thursdays but if you are a single woman looking for another woman this place probably isn't going to be good for you.

Posted : 10/03/2024 7:55 pm
(@raynablue)
Estimable Member

@justagirl, sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience.  Yes some guys have a lot of difficulty behaving themselves. And then it makes if feel like everyone is the same way. Makes the good guys get overshadowed.

Generally speaking I have had very little trouble with anyone. But I have different life experiences that help me deal with issues 

Yes if you are a girl looking to play with just a girl, you need to organize something ahead of time to meet. The guys knowing you are looking for a girl only can get more wound up.

I wish I had been able to join you to show you around and hang out your first time. I generally only go on my own but often have a resting  bitch face on when walking in the halls.

If you do want to try again one day, I will happily be your chaperon and help you set up a girls only private time. If you need to talk, pls let me know.

Posted : 10/03/2024 8:47 pm
(@Anonymous 3530)
Active Member Guest
Topic starter

I definately think that if you are a single lady going here that you should go with some one

because if not I felt like I was kind of thrown to the wolves and the guys just come

at you at this place.

I mean organize something ahead of time I mean this was my first time I heard about

it from a friend and thought I would try.  I did look at the forms ahead of

time and I saw there were couple that do go there and basically thought there would be

some women that maybe bi there but no they were all straight no on wants to play with

another woman instead you just hounded by guys.  And having guys following you

around just gets un-nerving and just creepy when you are going though a darker area

in that place. 

I mean if a guy knows you are looking for another woman that shouldn't get them

wound up more that should be a sign for them to back off and leave her alone she

isn't looking for you.. but guys don't seem to take it that way.  They could have

watched just no interaction for me with a guy.  I wouldn't have had an issue with leaving

the door open to a room so they could watch as long as everyone followed the rules.

But I mean I couldn't seem to find a lady that was bi. And it wasn't though lack of trying

I definately was I talked to several ladies there and they all were straight and didn't want

much to do with another woman.

I am trans and yes FULLY female top and bottom and  yes been with women before and

do very with women.  It could have been a lot of fun.  But none of the women seem intrested.

I was nervous too as it was being my first time there I don't have a resting bitch face I don't

think.  LOL Maybe I will have to get one to come back there again.  I was there about 7.5 hours

too so it wasn't like I was there for 30 min or an hour or something I did put in some time.

like I said it isn't all of the guys just some of em.. some of em need a swift kick in the nuts

the way they act towards women in there.

The thing is they want women there but don't do enough to protect the women that do show up

and when you report it you get dismissed saying oh that is how some of the guys are by staff.

That is horrible  I mean the staff needs to do more to protect the women there and not dismiss

what we are saying so quickly.

Posted : 10/03/2024 9:02 pm
(@Anonymous 3530)
Active Member Guest
Topic starter

I took a peek at your profile RaynaBlue .. it says on your profile that you are

straight though too...

https://steamworksedmonton.com/participant/raynablue/

Sexuality: Straight Woman

hmmm so I guess no playing with you either then?

Posted : 10/03/2024 9:15 pm
Jim
 Jim
(@jimb)
Owner Admin

@justagirl  as the owner of Steamworks,  I'm really disappointed to hear your first experience wasn't good. I'm more disappointed at my staffs lack of action. We, the staff and myself, often talk about needing to get the problem customers out. They are hurting our business and deter many from coming back. I respect your willingness to speak out. I'm angry that we had an opportunity to ban a problem customer and we failed to act. I will be speaking with the staff from Saturday and taking action.  Steamworks must be a safe space for everyone, it's future depends on it. 

Thank you

Posted : 10/03/2024 9:32 pm
(@Anonymous 3530)
Active Member Guest
Topic starter

Ya the problem was that it wasn't just one guy. there were about 2 to 3 of em that

are just animals that night.

I mean you want the women to come in I understand that  at is why you offer

free rooms for women after 3 pm on  Saturdays so that way later that night

you already have women there and the guys will come in.  I have worked in

the bar industry before and this is kind of the same concept.

The problem is that the women have an experience like this and don't come back and

most won't say anything and just never come back and you wonder why you are

loosing your female clientel.

It got better later on as some of the more problem people left.  I mean

when you have guys hitting on you when you get 5 to 6 steps in the door

before you can even get to your room I knew I was in trouble I was like oh crap

what did I just get myself into.  You get in there for the first time and when a woman

comes in herself for the first time we are already probably nervous like I was

and you don't even have a chance to get changed before the guys pounce.

I mean the guys need to be way more chill. I did have a very nice guy show

me around he was a good guy showed me the layout believe his name is Jon.

He was not staff there he was a customer there like me. I told your staff when I

came in that I was new it was my first time here and I was nervous. So why

when your staff knew you have a female that is brand new take 15 minutes to

walk a new lady around and show her the whole place like Jon did.   That is also

something that your staff should be doing I did tell the person at the front

desk that I was new and it was my first time and I was nervous too.

They had a person  with a camera as well out in the public area a cell phone

too which wasn't allowed.  I mean it seems like the rules were pretty lax Saturday night.

And I mean a bunch of the guys won't take no for an answer a guy tried to

reach under my towel and touch me after I said no.  I mean that is a different

guy.  There were a few of the guys that night that were really creepy and it just

got scary. I was most definately not safe I retreated to my room for 15 min

just to get away from them.  I didn't feel safe.

Then once when I was trying to go to my room I had a guy try and come into my room

I closed the door quickly and said I will be out in a bit.  I mean that gets scary

he was trying to come into my room without permission that was basically my

only safe space.  Thank god I had a room!

I mean if a woman says she is looking for another woman I mean the guys should

back off.  Following a lady around for upwards of 2 hours is just creepy. The sign

says if you persue some one more than 20 minutes it is considered harassment

on the sign. 

Some of the guys really need to chill out because you will end up losing your female

customers.

I do appreciate your response in this matter from the management.

Posted : 10/03/2024 9:55 pm
(@raynablue)
Estimable Member

@justagirl yes, I am straight. I tend to go to enjoy the hot tub and socialize. I do know quite a few bi ladies, they usually come as part of a couple. 

When I want more, I plan that ahead of time.

I hope you can find someone fun to play with.

Posted : 10/03/2024 10:47 pm
jdp22298 reacted
TallCanadian
(@tallcanadian)
Estimable Member

That sounds like an awful experience and I’m sorry to hear staff wasn’t helpful. As a male who rarely attends I’ve had a few guys not take no for an answer and wouldn’t stop trying to grope me until I pretty much just threatened them. It’s unfortunate that some people are that way but anyone that has ever posted on here saying that they are going for the first time are always suggested to bring someone or plan to meet someone because as unfortunately as you found out some people are just ignorant pigs.
Hopefully your written unfortunate experience on here will help others make their first experience better. 

Posted : 11/03/2024 2:10 am
(@Anonymous 3530)
Active Member Guest
Topic starter

@tallcanadian

Ya well I didn't have anyone else to bring that is part of my problem so I am 

on my own. I dont have many friends here or anything like that I am orginally

from the east coast.  So that wasn't an option really for me so I was trying it myself.

I mean if people knew who to act then you shouldn't need to bring some one else

you can't chase the women out of Steamworks by people like this and having staff

that simply dismissed me isn't good.

If you want women in this establishment then a lot needs to change and you can't

chase the women out like this. Because a lot of ladies wouldn't say anything but

would just never show up again.

Women should not be made to feel uncomfortable if they come themselves

or with someone else.  Everyone should feel comforable in the enviroment.

This is clearly an issue and has been for some time because I am now seeing

after my visit other reviews by women who had issues there too.

https://www.yelp.ca/not_recommended_reviews/steamworks-edmonton-edmonton

Look at the review by Lisa R. on 11/1/2023 (Nov 1 2023)  so clearly this has been an

issue for some time. I hope that the management changes things to make women

feel safe. I only found this review post visit and after a guy being told no when asked

to touch me and then they tried anyways shows some credit to this review too.  Because

I had a simular incident. So ya the management needs to change things here.  I only found

this review post visit.

Clearly things need to change to make women feel more included weather then come

with some one or not the guys can not chase the women out and make the women

feel uncomforable like this if this business wants to succeed.

Posted : 11/03/2024 8:07 am
(@thiccslut22)

I’m so sorry you had such a bad first experience! I’ll admit, when I went there was definitely a lot of people following me, and men standing outside my door even though I’d already told them a few times I wasn’t interested. Luckily I was with a guy, so I still felt pretty safe. I’m very timid and shy so I wouldn’t have had an easy time standing up for myself otherwise. 
next time I go I can let you know! I’m a bi girl and the guy I come with you wouldn’t insist on being involved if it’s between me and another girl 😉 

regardless, I really hope the staff takes your critique and looks into ways to make steamworks feel safer for women, even the ones without men! 

Posted : 11/03/2024 10:36 am
yegprincess reacted
(@Anonymous 3530)
Active Member Guest
Topic starter

@thiccslut22 

Aww thanks.. Ya see unfortunately I don't have anyone else to go with

so I would definitely appreciate it. How often do you manage to make

it to Steamworks.  That was my first time. 

oh so you had a bit of an experience too. See you are lucky you were

with a guy at least I didn't have anyone but I am sure that is still pretty 

intimidating having a guy following you around.  I was always looking over

my shoulder wondering who was behind me. 

And hopefully yes they do take the comments and improve it to make it safer

for women if they are with or without a guy.  I appreciate your response. 

definitely let me know when you are going again and we will see if we can meet

up there maybe. 

Posted : 11/03/2024 1:59 pm
xxxboss
(@xxxboss)

@raynablue hi,how are you, you have kik ?

Posted : 08/04/2024 9:39 am
felicitator60
(@felicitator60)
Eminent Member

While I am male and generally older than most that go there, I do have people that contact me and wanting to meet. With all that is happening in Edmonton and else where I have become very leary of meeting new people that I do not know for a private get together outside the club. I just tell them I only meet at Steamwork because I consider it a safe place to meet. While some there might intimidate you, you are still much safer than going out in public to say a bar to meet someone to take home.

Posted : 16/04/2024 7:37 pm

SteamWorks Blog

Discovering Your Kinks in an Open, Supportive Environment

Discovering Your Kinks in an Open, Supportive Environment

Exploring our sexual desires can be difficult and intimidating - especially when discovering your kinks and desires involve alternative practices. Unfortunately, due to stigmas and misunderstandings, those who are exploring alternative sexual interests may not always...

read more
Haven’t Checked Out SteamWorks Yet?

Haven’t Checked Out SteamWorks Yet?

We get it, walking into a place like SteamWorks for the first time can be a daunting experience. It’s important to remember that everyone is there to explore their sexuality and have a good time, so keep an open mind and respect other people's boundaries. We do have a...

read more
“I am a complete newbie and went for my first time last Saturday night. I had a completely amazing, sexy hot time. I was very comfortable. Super chill people. My first time being nude in front of total strangers was no problem at all. It was positive all around, a wonderful night, and I'm excited to return very soon. 👍❤️”

tallblueeyeguy

“Been a client for about 5 years. Great atmosphere. Cool patrons. Awesome staff. Will continue coming / cumming.”

7inchwondercock

“SteamWorks is where all the fun happens. Let it cum, let it cum, let it cum... ❤️❤️❤️❄️❄️❄️”

parukkutty

“Been a client since 2015, when Monday was the only co-ed night. Definitely seen lots of improvement in the facility, such as hot tub, fuck alley, nicer and wider lounge area, better sauna and much more!”

HardD

“It has a great spa atmosphere with super friendly people, great location with lots of upscale restaurants & lounges close by. Lots of available parking on site and off.”

hungwithnine

“Great place! It's an excellent place to maybe step outside your boundaries and try some things you may not feel comfortable doing anywhere else. I have had a lot of fun at SW over the years and hope for many more. ”

Babygurl

“Great atmosphere to have fun. The feeling of being free is more than one can ask for. Let SW unleash your inner desire to be who you are and find what you are looking for. Keep Cumming!”

bigbearboy

“I have visited SteamWorks off and on, for 7 years. As a person who suffers from both body dysmorphia and previous sexual identity confusion, SteamWorks is one of the only places I feel comfortable with me.”

TiddleWinks

“At SteamWorks, I’ve had the opportunity to have some group play experiences I never thought possible.”

milfandcookies

“SteamWorks has given me a new lease on life! Lol”

mhad418

“While it took me a few visits to get truly comfortable with the layout, it took significantly less time to get comfortable with the other patrons! SW is the light of my week!”

DawnMT

“Steamworks is an experience for open-minded individuals.  It will also open your mind even more than it already is. It adds some spice to our lives.”

PrettyShyPeachyPie

First Timers

Events

FAQs