Membership Program - Status

58 Posts
16 Users
40 Likes
AdventurousStag
(@adventurousstag)
Stag to AdventurousHotwife Admin
Topic starter

@smoothbttm I think it wasn’t announced because management is still making decisions on how to implement the changes.

While you may have never witnessed it first hand, I can assure you that non-consensual touching and other forms of harassment happens regularly. My wife has had the unfortunate experience of this during a visit as have many other women patrons that I know.

So while it doesn’t seem fair or it seems overblown for us men who know how to behave, it doesn’t create a comfortable environment for the ladies. And everyone must feel safe and comfortable in the environment. 

But there’s no sense in us getting worked up over something that hasn’t been announced yet. I’m sure the way it’s implemented will be done in a way that as many people as possible will be pleased. 

If you run into any issues on the forum, there are two ways I can help you:

Fastest, best: Kik me at Driv3n78

Slower: Email me at hotwifestagyeg [at] hotmail [dot] com. Expect a few days delay as I don't check my email every day.

Posted : 12/07/2023 3:24 pm
(@felek)

Posted by: @Anonymous

.but they are not going to be raped

Oh yes, that is so reassuring... no rape no prob? 

Posted : 12/07/2023 3:30 pm
BiGuy
(@biguy)
Estimable Member

@smoothbttm From spending time in bathhouses over the years as well as swingers clubs, I would agree that things are a bit different in a bathhouse will all men. My personal opinion is that with SW being mostly coed, it has definitely become more of a swingers club than a traditional (men only) bathhouse. The culture of those two are definitely not the same! What we are seeing with memberships is a clash between two different cultures, each with their own rules. SW is in a transition between those two cultures.

This post was modified 10 months ago by BiGuy

Posted : 12/07/2023 4:20 pm
(@Anonymous 763)
Eminent Member Guest

Felek...........don't put words in my mouth please.   And if you go back on this thread you will see that I am not the first person to use that word.............I asked a legitimate question, and that was, has anyone (male or female) been raped at SW.   It was really a rhetorical question, as if they had, I am sure we would know of it.

I was going to the extreme to make a point, and I do understand that some women have been not treated with respect, but guess what, that is just a reflection of the world we live in today, and if you watch TV news programs on any given night, it happens on streets, clubs and bars all over the country, so to expect

different behaviour in SW was perhaps a mis-judgement in the first place.   

Why not focus on my main point, ie, no women are allowed on Friday's, so hence, no need for membership.

Or are you the sort of guy that just looks to criticize and be negative about someone else's suggestions?

(The Friday thing was not my suggestion anyway in the first place).

If it is membership full time, me and lots of others from what I am reading simply won't attend, and certainly not if we as per your statement will be "vetted"......not sure what you mean by that, but if way 

bigger institutions than SW can't hold information private, no way (regardless of what SW says) can they

guarantee that our privacy will be protected..........fact!    Only today I saw a news report about peoples details on tax documents being some how some way passed onto third party businesses....give me a break! 

Posted : 12/07/2023 4:56 pm
Bttmbear
(@bttmbear)
Trusted Member

One question, not sure if it has been covered in another forum or topic but here it is anywho.

With the need to pay for a membership coming up, will the entrance fee/room/locker rates be adjusted to offset the cost of membership or will this be an added expense that one must pony up in order to enjoy the facilities and more importantly the filthy(in the best way possible) minds of the fellow patrons? 

Thanks in advance.

Posted : 12/07/2023 5:12 pm
AdventurousStag
(@adventurousstag)
Topic starter

@bttmbear This is actively being discussed but again, not being management, I’m not at liberty to announce anything until I’m given the green light.

Slower: Email me at hotwifestagyeg [at] hotmail [dot] com. Expect a few days delay as I don't check my email every day.

Posted : 12/07/2023 5:52 pm
Bttmbear reacted
AdventurousStag
(@adventurousstag)
Topic starter

@smoothbttm Part of understanding the geek/tech side of this is knowing that the technology we are using is on par with that of a bank or an e-commerce site like Amazon. This kind of technology is readily available to businesses of all sizes now.

Because SteamWorks is a small, locally-owned business, it being the target of a major hack or data breach is unlikely. This is why you typically see big businesses as the target of these kinds of efforts. 

Put another way, if the effort that goes into brute force hacking a database is the same, they’re going to target a larger business with tens or hundreds of thousands of records, not a small business with a few hundred. It’s just not worth the effort because the pay-off is considerably smaller. 

Posted : 12/07/2023 6:00 pm
(@fundawg)
Prominent Member

Once the Membership database is in place, and in the event of another female being raped or in the event of a major syphilis or HIV outbreak traced back to the sex club, will Alberta Health Services or the Edmonton Police Service be able to legally require Steamworks to provide them with the personal, identifying information held in the Membership database?

Posted : 12/07/2023 7:03 pm
AdventurousStag
(@adventurousstag)
Topic starter

@fundawg I’ve never heard of that happening before. And unless someone had a warrant the club would not be obligated to open their database to anyone.

In the event of a rape, I’m sure the club would assist the victim by providing the offenders information to police at the victim’s request. But they wouldn’t give the police open access to the entire membership. 

And that being said, the fact that a membership is required and that people can’t be truly “anonymous” in the club on members nights means those kinds of people wouldn’t come around anymore. 

I think that’s really the point to be focused on. If a troublemaker knows they’re not anonymous and can be identified if something were to happen, either they’re going to behave themselves or they’re just not going to come anymore. It will never be 100% obviously but it will deter a lot of people that lack respect and don’t care about consent from coming around anymore. 

As more and more clubs implement memberships and ID programs, those types of people tend to leave and go to establishments that don’t require it. 

Posted : 12/07/2023 7:25 pm
(@Anonymous 1127)
Eminent Member Guest

Honestly if there is an outbreak of that kind I would want to be contacted by SW or police, I really wouldn't care. It would mean that the faster is contained and traced the faster I would know and keep friend and family safe.  So that would actually be a point in favor to the membership program 

Posted : 12/07/2023 8:18 pm
(@fundawg)
Prominent Member

Thank you.

Posted : 12/07/2023 8:36 pm
felicitator60
(@felicitator60)
Eminent Member

I wonder is this need for membership driven by men who want to meet other men or by straight-bi men and women who want to meet women?

Posted : 13/07/2023 9:37 pm
7inchwondercock
(@7inchwondercock)
Reputable Member

@felicitator60 this membership is being implemented for ALL genders and ALL sexual orientations that attend steamworks. And the overall safety of ALL attendees

7inch

Posted : 13/07/2023 10:25 pm
AdventurousStag
(@adventurousstag)
Topic starter

@felicitator60 I would say it’s driven by management who doesn’t want troublemakers around that make  other guests feel uncomfortable or unsafe. And by women who want to be able to enjoy themselves in a safe and respectful environment and not have people around who touch them without their consent.

Posted : 13/07/2023 10:29 pm
felicitator60
(@felicitator60)
Eminent Member

I would think that people who did not want just anyone to touch them can rent rooms. Like the new room in the SW corner where a GB can take place with invited only. Anyone who ventures into one of the public rooms like fuck alley can expect anything to take place and should not be there if they are not ready for that kind of free play. I can understand how a lady must feel when there is a herd following her. I have witnessed that and personally find it discussing. Answer is to select one or two that she feel are special to her and take it to a private room and shut the door.

I have been to gay-bi saunas all over North America. Even the co-ed ones in Winnipeg. There is no mention of a membership there with personal information being needed to visit. Even the membership required in Calgary does not require a person to give personal information.

The service that this sauna provides for Edmonton Bi-gay men is vital for the mental well being of many of us who no longer have partners. I do hope that the place can survive.

Posted : 14/07/2023 9:11 am
Page 3 / 4

SteamWorks Blog

Discovering Your Kinks in an Open, Supportive Environment

Discovering Your Kinks in an Open, Supportive Environment

Exploring our sexual desires can be difficult and intimidating - especially when discovering your kinks and desires involve alternative practices. Unfortunately, due to stigmas and misunderstandings, those who are exploring alternative sexual interests may not always...

read more
Haven’t Checked Out SteamWorks Yet?

Haven’t Checked Out SteamWorks Yet?

We get it, walking into a place like SteamWorks for the first time can be a daunting experience. It’s important to remember that everyone is there to explore their sexuality and have a good time, so keep an open mind and respect other people's boundaries. We do have a...

read more
“I am a complete newbie and went for my first time last Saturday night. I had a completely amazing, sexy hot time. I was very comfortable. Super chill people. My first time being nude in front of total strangers was no problem at all. It was positive all around, a wonderful night, and I'm excited to return very soon. 👍❤️”

tallblueeyeguy

“Been a client for about 5 years. Great atmosphere. Cool patrons. Awesome staff. Will continue coming / cumming.”

7inchwondercock

“SteamWorks is where all the fun happens. Let it cum, let it cum, let it cum... ❤️❤️❤️❄️❄️❄️”

parukkutty

“Been a client since 2015, when Monday was the only co-ed night. Definitely seen lots of improvement in the facility, such as hot tub, fuck alley, nicer and wider lounge area, better sauna and much more!”

HardD

“It has a great spa atmosphere with super friendly people, great location with lots of upscale restaurants & lounges close by. Lots of available parking on site and off.”

hungwithnine

“Great place! It's an excellent place to maybe step outside your boundaries and try some things you may not feel comfortable doing anywhere else. I have had a lot of fun at SW over the years and hope for many more. ”

Babygurl

“Great atmosphere to have fun. The feeling of being free is more than one can ask for. Let SW unleash your inner desire to be who you are and find what you are looking for. Keep Cumming!”

bigbearboy

“I have visited SteamWorks off and on, for 7 years. As a person who suffers from both body dysmorphia and previous sexual identity confusion, SteamWorks is one of the only places I feel comfortable with me.”

TiddleWinks

“At SteamWorks, I’ve had the opportunity to have some group play experiences I never thought possible.”

milfandcookies

“SteamWorks has given me a new lease on life! Lol”

mhad418

“While it took me a few visits to get truly comfortable with the layout, it took significantly less time to get comfortable with the other patrons! SW is the light of my week!”

DawnMT

“Steamworks is an experience for open-minded individuals.  It will also open your mind even more than it already is. It adds some spice to our lives.”

PrettyShyPeachyPie

First Timers

Events

FAQs