Membership Program - Status

58 Posts
16 Users
40 Likes
wammt
(@wammt)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @7inchwondercock

Whilst holding IDs may seem like a good idea. Or defeats the purpose of the membership system to weed out all the unwanted people.

If needed: scan the ID and enter into a database (for rejects)

Sexy Senior Swinksters

Posted : 07/07/2023 3:22 pm
AdventurousStag
(@adventurousstag)
Stag to AdventurousHotwife Admin
Topic starter

@wammt While that would work, you then have to crosscheck every incoming member against that database to see if they're in it. And you'd need to be able to do that quickly in order to process incoming guests.

In a lot of other clubs, that's what they're supposed to do, but it often gets skipped if there's a bunch of people wanting to come in. And if you're not doing it, then the entire system is pointless. 

That's basically what this system is going to do, only it's going to do it with a barcode scanner and give the attendant a confirmation within seconds. It's simple, fast, and the attendants won't have to hold onto someone's ID.

If you run into any issues on the forum, there are two ways I can help you:

Fastest, best: Kik me at Driv3n78

Slower: Email me at hotwifestagyeg [at] hotmail [dot] com. Expect a few days delay as I don't check my email every day.

Posted : 07/07/2023 9:02 pm
wammt reacted
(@fundawg)
Prominent Member

Any thought given to leaving the current protocol in place for Men-Only Fridays and putting the new membership, payment, and tracing systems in place for the rest of the co-ed days when the females are being harassed, stalked, and sexually assaulted by the straight guys?

Posted : 12/07/2023 2:09 am
AdventurousStag
(@adventurousstag)
Topic starter

There are a lot of different options being considered.

The driver of the membership program is safety first and foremost. The club is attracting a lot more women than it has in the past. With more women attending, it attracts more men as well. Everyone has to feel safe and comfortable in the environment. Harassment of any patron is not tolerated.

If everyone is anonymous, you can’t ban (and keep out) the troublemakers. And the more troublemakers we keep out, the more truly great patrons we will attract.

We’ve been talking about the rollout. There will be a transition period where memberships aren’t required but there will likely be a day or days right from the start where they are. So patrons that want to attend on those days will require a membership.

One idea that’s being considered is keeping a day or two anonymous for those that don’t want to become members. 

Striking a balance between privacy and safety is tough. But safety has to be the top priority. 

I will post later about the technical and security specs of the database. It’ll be geek-speak but it should put everyone’s minds at ease. We’re not concerned about data breaches and I’ll explain why when I post that info. 

Slower: Email me at hotwifestagyeg [at] hotmail [dot] com. Expect a few days delay as I don't check my email every day.

Posted : 12/07/2023 8:28 am
deannmary and FunDawg reacted
(@Anonymous 499)
Active Member Guest

I (and I think many others) would very much appreciate some anonymous days if the membership plan is definitely happening.

Steamworks can provide for people that want/need the anonymity as well as the option for a more secure situation for female patrons. I’ve only been a few times, but haven’t seen any of this bad behavior during the nooners that I’ve been to (I have also only seen one woman there during those times). Bonus is that more people might show up on the anon days since there are only a few and it could lead to busier times then. I just hope that the chosen days are ones that I can make it!

@campdoug I would gladly join you!

Posted : 12/07/2023 8:58 am
(@Anonymous 1127)
Eminent Member Guest

i just hope the pricing doesn't get too fucked up by this new system. also a big part of the current set up is that prices are very affordable for regulars to come. I don't know how viable this could be but a good way to introduce memberships can be by assigning perks to having them, a free visit a month or a couple free upgrades to rooms. if you keep a couple of days a week open to not having memberships paired with this can help increase reception to the new membership system being thought off. 

Posted : 12/07/2023 9:12 am
AdventurousStag
(@adventurousstag)
Topic starter

@dan-bi This is good feedback. Pricing hasn’t been firmed up yet but we are looking to provide perks for members and keep it extremely affordable.

Posted : 12/07/2023 9:32 am
(@fundawg)
Prominent Member

Glad the business is looking at different options.  As more and more entities in Edmonton (businesses, festivals, the City) move to digital registration, ID, and payment systems more and more marginalised people are being excluded from participating.  People who can't afford cell phones. computers, service provider fees and people who aren't technologically proficient are left out and left behind.  Older adults/seniors, First Nations youth, the working poor, the unemployed, people on income support increasingly find themselves not able to participate in certain experiences because of their inability to access or afford technology.

Specifically, Boystown Sundays come to mind.  Any young gay or bi man 18 to 30 years can currently come down on a Sunday pay a $10 refundable locker deposit and enjoy the Steamworks environment basically for free.  Guys over 30 can come down at 8 p.m. and pay a net $11 to hang out and play.  No membership payments, no cell phone needed, no data plan, no service provider fees, no computer literacy required ... a guy just comes down and has a great time with other guys for only $0 or $11.

As discrimination and hate grows against gay people in Alberta, along with the rest of the world, it would be sad to see the demise of Boystown Sundays and these marginalised guys being excluded from one of the last safe gay  spaces in the city.

Posted : 12/07/2023 11:13 am
nightowl
(@nightowl)

I make the 2 1/2 hr trek to SW. The total anonymous is the reason it is so good to me. Same as a gloryhole. Sometimes it’s just better not to know. I try and come down once a week and so would a membership benefit someone like myself.  Or the person that can only come once a month or two and the so called no membership day line up with spontaneous visits. Some people stop when passing through or coming in to get your vehicle fixed. Myself I prefer not to have any paper trail of my where abouts. 

Posted : 12/07/2023 11:48 am
AdventurousStag
(@adventurousstag)
Topic starter

@fundawg we definitely don’t want to discriminate against anyone. SteamWorks has always valued inclusion and I think that’s apparent.

We have to also provide a safe environment for patrons. And while this isn’t typically an issue for men, it’s a very real issue for the ladies.

Nobody, however you identify or regardless of your sexual preference, should be touched without their consent. 

Posted : 12/07/2023 12:15 pm
AdventurousStag
(@adventurousstag)
Topic starter

@nightowl As someone who values my own privacy and is extremely discreet about my lifestyle activity, I completely understand. We’re considering options for those of you who want an anonymous visit.

In order to protect the safety of the ladies, they need to have an environment where people who don’t share the same level of respect (and consent) as the majority of us do, know that if they break the rules, they cannot fly under the radar and get away with it. It’s the only way to get rid of the troublemakers.

This is the challenge we face in trying to meet everyone’s needs. As I’ve said, it’s finding a balance between security and privacy.

But just know that we are reading and listening to everyone’s feedback here. Thanks for your comments. 

Posted : 12/07/2023 12:22 pm
deannmary reacted
(@felek)

I am reading the objections - anonymity, freedom, not discrimination, accessibility etc. All big words...

Reality is simple in my view. The coed weekends years ago were more fun. Somehow pushy overeager dudes were not so omnipresent as they are now. The results are that girls who are not enjoying this atmosphere stop showing up. So dudes who used to relax in this permissible and fun environment  are not having much fun either.  The pushy males prevail. And since there is shortage of girls to play they will be even more pushy when one or two take the chance.
This is not good for anyone but mostly not for business. It is for profit business after all.

So... in my humble opinion - the membership will assure that the members can be vetted, and this can be some assurance for everybody of some decency standards.
When I read about an idiot who climbed the wall to have a peek into somebody's room, and others who keep banging on closed doors and so on... just hopeless.  

Posted : 12/07/2023 2:13 pm
(@felek)

There may be a hybrid solution at least for the time being. Some days - membership only, some days - free for all. And if these free for all days are frequented well and profitable, why not?
From my point of view - I really see the benefits of membership and would not wait long to sign up

Posted : 12/07/2023 2:17 pm
(@Anonymous 763)
Eminent Member Guest

There is a hybrid solution which has already been mentioned on here by another poster.......and that is to make Friday's (Men only day) available for all to enter with or without membership.......it is so obvious that

I am amazed that this was not included in the original speel about this new system being introduced.

I know someone will challenge me when I say that I have yet to hear or read of a guy being sexually harassed, yes, I know some guys may feel uncomfortable being approached by someone they don't want to play with...........but they are not going to be raped (as any woman actually said they have been raped?), or even sexually harassed when there are lots of other guys around for the potential troublemaker.

I can't help thinking that this "safety" aspect is being way overblown.  I have been visiting bathhouses for over 30 years, and never ever witnessed physical or sexual harassment, let alone rape.

So, if we make Fridays a "non-membership" day, problem solved. 

Posted : 12/07/2023 3:11 pm
FunDawg reacted
AdventurousStag
(@adventurousstag)
Topic starter

@felek I believe this is the direction it’s going but I am not management and that’s not my decision. The overall feedback seems to be that this would work.

Posted : 12/07/2023 3:16 pm
Page 2 / 4

SteamWorks Blog

Discovering Your Kinks in an Open, Supportive Environment

Discovering Your Kinks in an Open, Supportive Environment

Exploring our sexual desires can be difficult and intimidating - especially when discovering your kinks and desires involve alternative practices. Unfortunately, due to stigmas and misunderstandings, those who are exploring alternative sexual interests may not always...

read more
Haven’t Checked Out SteamWorks Yet?

Haven’t Checked Out SteamWorks Yet?

We get it, walking into a place like SteamWorks for the first time can be a daunting experience. It’s important to remember that everyone is there to explore their sexuality and have a good time, so keep an open mind and respect other people's boundaries. We do have a...

read more
“I am a complete newbie and went for my first time last Saturday night. I had a completely amazing, sexy hot time. I was very comfortable. Super chill people. My first time being nude in front of total strangers was no problem at all. It was positive all around, a wonderful night, and I'm excited to return very soon. 👍❤️”

tallblueeyeguy

“Been a client for about 5 years. Great atmosphere. Cool patrons. Awesome staff. Will continue coming / cumming.”

7inchwondercock

“SteamWorks is where all the fun happens. Let it cum, let it cum, let it cum... ❤️❤️❤️❄️❄️❄️”

parukkutty

“Been a client since 2015, when Monday was the only co-ed night. Definitely seen lots of improvement in the facility, such as hot tub, fuck alley, nicer and wider lounge area, better sauna and much more!”

HardD

“It has a great spa atmosphere with super friendly people, great location with lots of upscale restaurants & lounges close by. Lots of available parking on site and off.”

hungwithnine

“Great place! It's an excellent place to maybe step outside your boundaries and try some things you may not feel comfortable doing anywhere else. I have had a lot of fun at SW over the years and hope for many more. ”

Babygurl

“Great atmosphere to have fun. The feeling of being free is more than one can ask for. Let SW unleash your inner desire to be who you are and find what you are looking for. Keep Cumming!”

bigbearboy

“I have visited SteamWorks off and on, for 7 years. As a person who suffers from both body dysmorphia and previous sexual identity confusion, SteamWorks is one of the only places I feel comfortable with me.”

TiddleWinks

“At SteamWorks, I’ve had the opportunity to have some group play experiences I never thought possible.”

milfandcookies

“SteamWorks has given me a new lease on life! Lol”

mhad418

“While it took me a few visits to get truly comfortable with the layout, it took significantly less time to get comfortable with the other patrons! SW is the light of my week!”

DawnMT

“Steamworks is an experience for open-minded individuals.  It will also open your mind even more than it already is. It adds some spice to our lives.”

PrettyShyPeachyPie

First Timers

Events

FAQs