Clear all

Consent RE Saturday April 22

58 Posts
20 Users
130 Likes
XxxtraThicc
(@xxxtrathicc)
Trusted Member

@cpl yeah I'm sure management is gonna ban the women arguing for safety, respect and consent. 🤨 🤣 

Posted : 25/04/2023 3:18 pm
Cozima, Foxilymanner, luv2peg87 and 2 people reacted
XxxtraThicc
(@xxxtrathicc)
Trusted Member

@cpl yeah I'm sure management is gonna ban the women arguing for safety, respect and consent. 🤨 🤣 

Posted : 25/04/2023 3:18 pm
luv2peg87 and Crzydee reacted
Crzydee
(@crzydee)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

@cpl I agree, management should take action against misogynistic, condescending, small minded hypocritical men who feel the need to attack women when they stand up for themselves and demean them with demoralising comments about their bodies and sexuality. Yes, I absolutely agree they should take action. Thank you for the suggestion, very helpful! It's the first one like that from you today!

Posted : 25/04/2023 3:20 pm
420mama, Str82it, Shyguy69 and 1 people reacted
Crzydee
(@crzydee)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

@cpl I agree, management should take action against misogynistic, condescending, small minded hypocritical men who feel the need to attack women when they stand up for themselves and demean them with demoralising comments about their bodies and sexuality. Yes, I absolutely agree they should take action. Thank you for the suggestion, very helpful! It's the first one like that from you today!

Posted : 25/04/2023 3:21 pm
Foxilymanner, DawnMega, purelysoakedxo and 4 people reacted
PhotoguyAB
(@photoguyab)
Trusted Member

I'm glad to hear that the venue does care.  I have so far enjoyed my visits and I look forward to more.  Each individual may have their own kinks and preferences which is great, but each person must always remember to respect others.

@honeybee I hope that you will feel comfortable coming back eventually.  I can promise that there are guys that do not condone any bad behaviour and will in fact be willing to be there as a safeguard, if needed.  I'd love to meet you sometime, if at least to get to know you and know I'm a safe friendly face.

Posted : 27/04/2023 1:22 pm
Str82it reacted
Prairie_Dude
(@prairie_dude)
Eminent Member

Having been to swingers/sex clubs in other cities perhaps management should consider a security person in the halls. I’ve seen it work. One designated person wearing a “SECURITY” T-shirt with a ZERO tolerance attitude. 

Posted : 27/04/2023 10:19 pm
deannmary and Anonymous reacted
hungwithnine
(@hungwithnine)
Eminent Member

I really enjoy coming to SW and have always thought highly of the staff, the cleanliness of the business and have always felt safe and never judged ,however some of the males who now come to steamworks seem rude and entitled and lacking any moral decency.  A few years ago ,it was pleasant experience to start a conversation in the hot tub on a variety of topics and to relax after a hard day at work before seeing what was happening in fuck alley or elsewhere.

I'm not sure what can be done ,other than reporting these monsters to staff?  And what happens if one of these monsters freaks out and damages vehicles in the parking lot or waits for patrons to leave?   SW is situated in an area with some pricier real estate who have owners who don't want to see RCMP cars in the back alley.   Jim has a tough situation and needs revenue.  

Posted : 28/04/2023 1:17 pm
420mama and Str82it reacted
I_am_Pleasure
(@i_am_pleasure)
Eminent Member

I have been going coming to Steamworks for a few years now. I have been told I have a nice dick... I have gone there and been followed around constantly by 1-2 guys on occasion and have even had to deal with aggressive guys that just don't seem to know what the weird NO means.

At first for me (Because it's never happened before) it felt kinda like i was the hottie getting all the attention but then it quickly lost its allure and became pretty fan frustrating. Because of this it did open my eyes to what it must be like for women. Luckily I am not a small guy so when I get assertive the "stalkers" take a hint a leave me alone. 

It is very disgusting when it happens, because it does not help the women feel safe or even want to come when they have experiences like these. I am sure it happens WAY too often. I do wish the women would report the bad ones as I do believe the staff would deal with them. 

I do hope that if there are ever women there and they were having trouble they can always ask me to help and I can try helping... but that you know what I look like.. 

On the same note. Fellas if you are at the club and you are a lady. Always renege that you get Flys with honey.

1 BE A GENTLEMAN.

2. Introduce yourself ( don't expect her name)

3 Ask how her night is going

4 Then ask what she is looking for. 

HERES THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE

5 If she isn't interested in what you are selling. Don't take it personal. 

Follow these questions and if you seem like you aren't getting lucky maybe it's something you are doing. 

HMU I'm probably down 😀

Posted : 30/04/2023 9:43 am
Str82it, interested_96, cs3475 and 2 people reacted
TiddleWink
(@tiddlewink)
Estimable Member

Jeebus._.Fuggin._.Christmas

I hate having to read theese kinds of posts.

Guys C'mon man, common scense and manners. There are those out there like me who realize WE ARE NOT ATTRACTIVEto some members  of the opposite or same sex.

EveryoneEveryone needs to show and be respected.

Groups of uncouth, rash, and pushy men Ended my Mrs's party days. Only goes out 1 on 1 now..  

Ladies, twinkies, and anyone who's felt unsafe, disrespected, or otherwise unhappy.._. For what its worth I'm sorry you had to experience that. 

Posted : 01/05/2023 3:34 pm
Str82it, Foxilymanner, cs3475 and 1 people reacted
interested_96
(@interested_96)
Eminent Member

@honeybee im so sorry you had the experience it made me very upset to read what happened and its absolutely disgraceful, disgusting, despicable, that creep harassed you the way he did and i hope i dont see something similar when i go to visit next  

Posted : 19/06/2023 4:40 pm
Ryan be good
(@ryan-be-good)
Trusted Member

I'm not accepting of inappropriate behavior. I'm fairly quiet and very respectful of everyone. I don't have tolerance for entitled attitudes or behaviors. 

If I'm there, im there for sexual pleasure not to be an asshole. My sexual behaviors are intimate, respectful and courteous as I would be anywhere, with anyone. 

Seems to me there is a problem at SW that needs to be addressed and eliminated. 

Good on you all for speaking up.

As for those that think this sort of behavior is acceptable? Correct yourself before others need to.

Posted : 20/06/2023 8:17 pm
Str82it
(@str82it)
Estimable Member

I know I am weighing in a little late, but I wanted to add to this conversation. I have been to SW a few times now, limited by available time. I did meet a great lady via another site and through our chats discovered she would be happy to try out SW and see what it offered. I told her I would take her there, and her and I could have a look about tour, play, and get her comfortable. It turns out she loved it when her and I played and others watched. She was so turned on that I asked if she was up to allowing others to participate. She said yes, excitedly, and I selected a gentleman to participate and fuck her from behind as she sucked on me. While she sucked me and he was fucking her the first time, he had the audacity to try and suck on me also with out asking. I am straight and shut him down quickly. To preface how I selected this guy, I had seen him with another beautiful lady I had the pleasure of mutually pleasuring, at a previous visit. She is a standup gal, vocal on what she likes and wants, and definitely says no to what she doesn't want. So I assumed this guy stood up to vetting by her. Anyway, we had observed her with him and another gentleman in a play room having a great time. They saw us observing and approached us once they took a break to join them. We said no at that point because she was still on tour with me and a little nervous still and had even played yet. Fast forward to fuck alley. He is behind her fucking her for the 2nd time, this time with only one other guy in the room watching. Even though she was sucking my eyeballs back into my head, I still kept an eye on this dude. He stopped fucking her, pulled out, took his condom off and then proceeded to go back in. It took me a few seconds to get my lovely lady to stop and let me up. I grabbed his shoulder and asked him what the fuck he thought he was doing. I observed that look of, 'Caught' on his face and knew I was right. I told him to show me the condom. He couldn't cause it was on the floor. He turned to leave and I shoved him toward the door telling him what I though of his conduct with expletives. I would have gotten a bar of soap in the mouth for it many moons ago Lol. As I shoved him, his head bounced off the door frame. 😉 Not my intent, but maybe it fired one brain cell at least. However I didn't leave it there. I quickly asked the other gentleman that was in the room to please stay with my date and I went after the Neanderthal. Let me be totally clear here too ... Canada now has a law on the books that clearly states that if you remove a condom during sex when consent is predicated on a condom being worn, you are now guilty of rape. Let that sink in guys! So not only have you made yourself a complete fucking asshole and waste of skin, you have committed a crime punishable in the Canadian court system. Didn't want to say Penal system in order not to confuse those other potential Neanderthals reading and thinking it was a pleasurable thing Lol. I attempted to follow him to ask him what the fuck and make sure he was reported, but he darted to get dressed and escape. He KNEW. So I stopped at the front counter, bare balls and all, and no I wasn't hard any longer Lol, and asked for help from staff, informing them of the event and insisted they look for him now. I stayed close to the exit door but looked around the lockers and halls etc. Finally he came out walking fast towards the exit. Not wanting to be guilty of assault, although that would have suited me fine at that point, I simply yelled out that this is the guilty piece of shit. Thankfully they saw him on time. I returned to my date and thanked the fellow who stayed with her. She was extremely upset and horrified, since she had no idea what was /had happened until I alerted her. I felt like shit that this happened to my friend and date, especially the first time out and at all. We talked for a bit and I let the other lady and remaining gentleman know what their other dude had done and they were also horrified and very apologetic and consoling. She was now wondering if he had done it to her as well in their recent romp. Most likely he had. He was so smooth at removing the condom, that I am certain it wasn't his first time. He was caught on the exit camera, si known, and since been banned. My date has now since become a regular at SW despite that shocker. Good for her, and I am happy that she has seen past that A-Hole. I hope to join her again soon and help put it behind her, so to speak Lol. Besides we didn't finish the eyeballs in the back of my head thing Lol.

But here is the juice of the story guys .... If you can't act like a human being and treat anyone attending SW, especially the ladies, with as much respect as you request for yourself and much more, then don't show up, plain and simple. Everyone there, is there for pleasure. Mutual pleasure, not just yours. Being harassed assaulted, stalked, groped, insulted, slapped or any other form of touching or gesturing is NOT pleasure and NOT welcome. That being said, if you ask to be allowed to touch or spank or slap with a limp cock etc, and that person says yes, then you're good to proceed with a conversation on limits. We are not there to be relieved of our dignity or give up control of our bodies or personal space to you, just because you're horny and think you're entitled. And, for fuck sakes, if you were to ask a lady/guy at a bar if you could grab or touch them, or take them for a dance even, and they said 'NO', do you honestly think that being more aggressive towards her/him is going to make her/him suddenly think 'Oh Wow, what a great person, I want to be with them now'. Don't be an idiot. That goes for closed doors also. I would be bloody embarrassed to act like that because I know what others would think of me. You are in a public space with people there to enjoy themselves with others. They are not there for you alone, to be used at your discretion and without any say. You are not anonymous on the other side of a computer screen so dump that attitude before the door. Respect everyone or don't show up. I, and others, will be watching, and you won't like the other end of this conversation if I am involved and you're out of line. Let's enjoy this freedom before it is taken from us. Don't ruin it for others or yourself. This can be such a wonderful experience if approached the right way. I hope all those who have endured the negative aspects of this club have found it to be more enjoyable then not and will keep attending to enjoy it, especially after we nip all this other crap in the bud. Hope to see some of you lovely people soon. Cheers!

Posted : 04/07/2023 3:26 am
deannmary reacted
Str82it
(@str82it)
Estimable Member

Sorry, timed out. Just wanted to add that you have to come with the mindset that you are not everyone's fantasy and that some people may say No thanks. Whether it's because you're not their type, not what they're into, they're already engaged, or just plain wore out. No is No, thank them and wish them well and move on. I have been told No many times and said No many times. It's part of it because we all have our own preferences, likes and dislikes. Take the time to talk to the people around you. Engage them and find out what they like, if there is an opportunity, and if not, proceed with caution and consent, and that alone may get you a yes or invite then or next time. Respect is a very powerful thing that everyone is entitled to, and should be eager to give. Honey and vinegar guys. Ok, my 2 cents. To those who have endured the crap that has shown it's ugly head, I hope you continue to show up and enjoy the freedom of SW and help us weed out the bad ones and change the culture, it will be worth it in the end. Hope to see you peeps there soon. Cheers!

Posted : 04/07/2023 3:50 am
deannmary and wammt reacted
Page 4 / 4

SteamWorks Blog

Discovering Your Kinks in an Open, Supportive Environment

Discovering Your Kinks in an Open, Supportive Environment

Exploring our sexual desires can be difficult and intimidating - especially when discovering your kinks and desires involve alternative practices. Unfortunately, due to stigmas and misunderstandings, those who are exploring alternative sexual interests may not always...

read more
Haven’t Checked Out SteamWorks Yet?

Haven’t Checked Out SteamWorks Yet?

We get it, walking into a place like SteamWorks for the first time can be a daunting experience. It’s important to remember that everyone is there to explore their sexuality and have a good time, so keep an open mind and respect other people's boundaries. We do have a...

read more
“I am a complete newbie and went for my first time last Saturday night. I had a completely amazing, sexy hot time. I was very comfortable. Super chill people. My first time being nude in front of total strangers was no problem at all. It was positive all around, a wonderful night, and I'm excited to return very soon. 👍❤️”

tallblueeyeguy

“Been a client for about 5 years. Great atmosphere. Cool patrons. Awesome staff. Will continue coming / cumming.”

7inchwondercock

“SteamWorks is where all the fun happens. Let it cum, let it cum, let it cum... ❤️❤️❤️❄️❄️❄️”

parukkutty

“Been a client since 2015, when Monday was the only co-ed night. Definitely seen lots of improvement in the facility, such as hot tub, fuck alley, nicer and wider lounge area, better sauna and much more!”

HardD

“It has a great spa atmosphere with super friendly people, great location with lots of upscale restaurants & lounges close by. Lots of available parking on site and off.”

hungwithnine

“Great place! It's an excellent place to maybe step outside your boundaries and try some things you may not feel comfortable doing anywhere else. I have had a lot of fun at SW over the years and hope for many more. ”

Babygurl

“Great atmosphere to have fun. The feeling of being free is more than one can ask for. Let SW unleash your inner desire to be who you are and find what you are looking for. Keep Cumming!”

bigbearboy

“I have visited SteamWorks off and on, for 7 years. As a person who suffers from both body dysmorphia and previous sexual identity confusion, SteamWorks is one of the only places I feel comfortable with me.”

TiddleWinks

“At SteamWorks, I’ve had the opportunity to have some group play experiences I never thought possible.”

milfandcookies

“SteamWorks has given me a new lease on life! Lol”

mhad418

“While it took me a few visits to get truly comfortable with the layout, it took significantly less time to get comfortable with the other patrons! SW is the light of my week!”

DawnMT

“Steamworks is an experience for open-minded individuals.  It will also open your mind even more than it already is. It adds some spice to our lives.”

PrettyShyPeachyPie

First Timers

Events

FAQs