Notifications
Clear all

Consent RE Saturday April 22

58 Posts
20 Users
130 Likes
(@honeybee)
Eminent Member

It's sad to see that there are so many people facing this problem.  I would like to share my bad experience too.

The first time i went to SW, i was alone(the biggest mistake that i ever made). There was this guy who kept on following me around even though i clearly said i was not interested. He made me feel so uncomfortable all the time. I got so frustrated and decided to go into my room and he followed me there too and tried to forcefully keep my door open. I told him once again that i am not interested and he had the audacity to ask if he could hangout in my room with doors closed. And that was the end of it. I snapped at him, shut my door close and almost felt like crying. I left that place as soon as i could. 

Eventhough i went back after couple days with someone, i was still scared and even now i am scared to go back in. Completely ruined my first SW experience.

All i want to say is, once a NO is always a NO. It will not change to a yes even if you keep on asking again and again. 

Posted : 25/04/2023 12:56 pm
deannmary, Str82it, Crzydee and 1 people reacted
AdventurousHotwife
(@adventuroushotwife)
Vixen Hotwife to @AdventurousStag Admin

Well, I was there for basically the whole day on Saturday and I have to agree on pretty much all counts. While I did have a super fun time, it's also because I was very vocal when guys did get out of line.

It absolutely FLOORS me that just because a woman is in the club, there are guys who think they should fuck any guy who wants a piece. Nope. Not at all how this works. I lost count of how many times there was a knock at my door or the glory hole door and I had to yell out "It's closed for a reason." I physically grabbed someone's hand off my ass as I walked through a horde and loudly said "If you can't ask, you can't touch." 

I don't owe any of you anything. Like @babygirl said, it's my body and my choice, same for every other person (not just woman) in that club.

@crzydee and @peachypie - you're totally right. The vibe on Saturday night was different. I had one guy who did try to use me to get himself hard and I told him that it doesn't work unless you're hard. Soft cocks are not what we're looking for... unless that is your jam and if so, all the power to you.

And yes, I had a ton of fun, but that was all had in rooms behind doors where you could breathe and not feel crowded or objectified. Even soaking in the hot tub and trying to have some conversation saw a ton of creepy lurkers, hiding in the shadows. 

And the guys doing this make it much more difficult for ones like @7inchwondercock and others like him - the good guys. There are many who ask permission, talk and try to have a conversation, and so on. The good ones, they shouldn't have to police the dumb asses.

Posted : 25/04/2023 1:02 pm
deannmary, Str82it, TiddleWink and 6 people reacted
(@Anonymous 791)
Eminent Member Guest

@7inch ty, that paints a clearer picture.

Posted : 25/04/2023 1:13 pm
Crzydee reacted
Lumberjack
(@lumberjack)
Trusted Member

@cpl I swore earlier I wouldn’t jump in. But I realize I’m not. This is my opinion to you attitude not your treatment of @crzydee. As a male member at SW, I understand and accept that if a GB is going on and I would like to participate I must ask the person I’m intending on inserting my erection into, “hey, can I join in?”.  I don’t think it’s a tacit “Yes, my hole’s open, doesn’t matter that I’m attached to it. Just do what you want to it. I don’t matter, there’s not a person connected to it.”. Yes I am new to this lifestyle. And yes, I am new to Steamworks, but I’m not new to orgies. Even when I was a very young guy (17) I knew that before I put my erection in any hole I always asked for permission. I wouldn’t proceed without it unless my view were that it’s a hole for my use, but not getting the fact the person whose hole it is might want some pleasure too.  If that’s the case I think the idiot who looks at a hole as just a hole, should just go home and make one with his hand.  I want to be able to experience gangbangs here. I want to be able to experience all sorts of pleasures here, but there is no pleasure if it’s one-sided no matter what anyone says. I want those persons who feel less dominant or domineering to still feel safe to come and enjoy themselves . I enjoy those people. But I don’t use them as seminal depositories or cum buckets. And yes, I do understand at times as I’ve learned here, some couples or individuals enjoy being dominated. Someone say, being treated in a manner that demeans them.  I’m not judging individuals who enjoy that, either party. But they all have to want that experience. That has to be clearly stated by all parties. For whatever reason, some of my experiences here have been of that nature. Whether it’s because of my looks, my size or demeanour, they express clearly what they want me to do and how to do it. It’s up to me to accept and choose to participate. At times I’ve walked away because I choose how to express my pleasure to others. It does not mean that two hours later with another person wanting the same thing where choose I stay and play that it’s not right. I feel self respect and respect for those one issues spending time with gives everyone a great experience.

Posted : 25/04/2023 1:17 pm
Str82it, luv2peg87, Crzydee and 1 people reacted
Justin
(@superemofatboy)

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us. We're really sorry to hear about the tough time you had at SteamWorks. Your safety and comfort, along with everyone else's, are super super important to us.

We want to apologize for what you've been through during your visit. Everyone, no matter who they are, should feel safe and respected in our space.

We want you to know that if anything like this happens to you or anyone else in the future, don't hesitate to let our staff know right away. We're here to make sure everyone has a good time, and we'll take care of any problems that come up.

Regarding your suggestions, we actually have already implemented some measures to help keep the space friendly and safe:

We've got a sign-up in Fuck Alley that reminds everyone to be cool and respect each other's privacy, not stalk anyone, and to always get a clear "yes" before touching anyone.

Our staff is trained to handle any issues or complaints, but we're definitely going to make sure they're extra prepared for situations like the ones you described.

Even with these measures in place, it seems like some folks still aren't following the rules. We're going to keep working on making sure everyone understands how important it is to treat each other right.

Your feedback means a lot to us because it helps us make SteamWorks a better place for everyone. We want to encourage all our guests, especially women, to speak up about their experiences so we can create a more welcoming space for all.

Thanks again for letting us know about your concerns, I'll be sure to let the other staff know about the issue. We hope you'll give SteamWorks another shot and see that we're really dedicated to making everyone feel welcome and safe.

Justin
Host
Front Desk | SteamWorks Edmonton

mobilePhone

(780) 451-5554

website

https://steamworksedmonton.com/

facebook

twitter

instagram

Posted : 25/04/2023 1:20 pm
deannmary, Cozima, purelysoakedxo and 3 people reacted
Lumberjack
(@lumberjack)
Trusted Member

@honeybee so sorry for what you experienced. Honestly we’re not all like that. Everyone regardless of gender that I’ve met have been fantastic interesting people before, if any, personal contact.  Please give us all another chance to make you feel safe and comfortable here.

Posted : 25/04/2023 1:23 pm
Crzydee and Honeybee reacted
(@Anonymous 791)
Eminent Member Guest

@lumberjack then you totally didn't see where I explicitly expressed the "respect " and "consent " words. No problem dude.

Posted : 25/04/2023 1:23 pm
Crzydee reacted
Lumberjack
(@lumberjack)
Trusted Member

@cpl sorry dude, my bad, I didn’t.  Thanks for clarifying.

Posted : 25/04/2023 1:25 pm
XxxtraThicc
(@xxxtrathicc)
Trusted Member

@cpl the fact that you think because she was in a GB room she should just expect and accept everything that's coming her way is disgusting. Your comments here have been nothing but red flags.

Posted : 25/04/2023 1:50 pm
Crzydee reacted
XxxtraThicc
(@xxxtrathicc)
Trusted Member

@cpl the fact that you think because she was in a GB room she should just expect and accept everything that's coming her way is disgusting. Your comments here have been nothing but red flags.

Posted : 25/04/2023 1:51 pm
Crzydee reacted
Crzydee
(@crzydee)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

@cpl No. I got myself plenty 🤣🤣🤣...is your repetitive obstinence due to the fact that you didn't get any? 

Thank you for helping make exceptionally clear to all of the ladies in SteamTalk why they should not "fuck with you" going forward.  

As they say, the trash takes itself out. 

Thank you @everyoneelse for sharing your thoughts and experiences, let's keep them coming!

Posted : 25/04/2023 2:19 pm
deannmary reacted
Crzydee
(@crzydee)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

@superemofatboy Justin, that was the most awesome reply from any business that I have ever received.  I guarantee that I'll be back and guarantee that I'll be pointing out any ill mannered gentlemen to the staff ASAP. I'm looking forward to the changes and a more respectful, open environment for people of all sexual orientations and genders to experience safely.

Much love 😘

Crzydee

Posted : 25/04/2023 2:35 pm
(@Anonymous 791)
Eminent Member Guest

@xxxtrathicc you're a red flag pal.

Posted : 25/04/2023 2:48 pm
Crzydee reacted
(@Anonymous 791)
Eminent Member Guest

@crzydee since you want to get personal...I can clearly see why you got the action you got lol. You should be grateful for a dick slap.

Posted : 25/04/2023 2:51 pm
Crzydee reacted
XxxtraThicc
(@xxxtrathicc)
Trusted Member

Awww is the lil man bitter 😂😂

Posted : 25/04/2023 2:53 pm
Crzydee reacted
Page 2 / 4

SteamWorks Blog

Discovering Your Kinks in an Open, Supportive Environment

Discovering Your Kinks in an Open, Supportive Environment

Exploring our sexual desires can be difficult and intimidating - especially when discovering your kinks and desires involve alternative practices. Unfortunately, due to stigmas and misunderstandings, those who are exploring alternative sexual interests may not always...

read more
Haven’t Checked Out SteamWorks Yet?

Haven’t Checked Out SteamWorks Yet?

We get it, walking into a place like SteamWorks for the first time can be a daunting experience. It’s important to remember that everyone is there to explore their sexuality and have a good time, so keep an open mind and respect other people's boundaries. We do have a...

read more
“I am a complete newbie and went for my first time last Saturday night. I had a completely amazing, sexy hot time. I was very comfortable. Super chill people. My first time being nude in front of total strangers was no problem at all. It was positive all around, a wonderful night, and I'm excited to return very soon. 👍❤️”

tallblueeyeguy

“Been a client for about 5 years. Great atmosphere. Cool patrons. Awesome staff. Will continue coming / cumming.”

7inchwondercock

“SteamWorks is where all the fun happens. Let it cum, let it cum, let it cum... ❤️❤️❤️❄️❄️❄️”

parukkutty

“Been a client since 2015, when Monday was the only co-ed night. Definitely seen lots of improvement in the facility, such as hot tub, fuck alley, nicer and wider lounge area, better sauna and much more!”

HardD

“It has a great spa atmosphere with super friendly people, great location with lots of upscale restaurants & lounges close by. Lots of available parking on site and off.”

hungwithnine

“Great place! It's an excellent place to maybe step outside your boundaries and try some things you may not feel comfortable doing anywhere else. I have had a lot of fun at SW over the years and hope for many more. ”

Babygurl

“Great atmosphere to have fun. The feeling of being free is more than one can ask for. Let SW unleash your inner desire to be who you are and find what you are looking for. Keep Cumming!”

bigbearboy

“I have visited SteamWorks off and on, for 7 years. As a person who suffers from both body dysmorphia and previous sexual identity confusion, SteamWorks is one of the only places I feel comfortable with me.”

TiddleWinks

“At SteamWorks, I’ve had the opportunity to have some group play experiences I never thought possible.”

milfandcookies

“SteamWorks has given me a new lease on life! Lol”

mhad418

“While it took me a few visits to get truly comfortable with the layout, it took significantly less time to get comfortable with the other patrons! SW is the light of my week!”

DawnMT

“Steamworks is an experience for open-minded individuals.  It will also open your mind even more than it already is. It adds some spice to our lives.”

PrettyShyPeachyPie

First Timers

Events

FAQs